Business Improvement Techniques
What are Business Improvement Techniques?
Business Improvement Techniques are essential for organisations of all sizes in all sectors in order to remain competitive in today’s challenging business environment. They are designed to enhance business performance as a whole throughout an organisation.
Our programmes are centred on the proven tools and techniques of lean process and quality improvement activities. It is designed to support continuous improvement by promoting effective team working and developing lean skills across the wider workforce.
Depending on the options you choose you’ll learn about:
- Compliance with regulations and health and safety requirements
- Effective team working
- Reducing operational costs
- Analysis and problem solving
- Applying workplace organisation techniques
- Applying basic statistics
This programme also offers the opportunity for the business to address bespoke business challenges and realise significant savings.
The primary objective of the Business Improvement Techniques programme is to improve business performance as a whole. This can only be done by empowering the people that make up the organisation.
To achieve this qualification, the learner must be able to demonstrate that they have contributed to (Level 2) or led (Level 3) sustainable improvement activities that have delivered quality, cost and delivery benefits.
This interactive programme is intended to help maximise your company profits and revenues by focusing attention on the elimination of waste in processes and the creation of flow through the business by reducing cost and variation.
Mandatory units include:
- Health and safety and statutory regulations
- Effective team-working/ leading effective teams
- Workplace organisation/ 5S
- Visual Management
Optional units can include:
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Set up Reduction (SMED)
- Autonomous Maintenance (TPM)
- Flow Process Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Poka Yoke
- Other units available from both the quality and process routes
At the end of the programme all of the tools and techniques of lean process and quality improvement, can be transferred to all work environments and include;
- Understanding lean organisation techniques in business
- Knowing and understanding business improvement tools and techniques
- Knowing and understanding how to work effectively in a business team
- Fundamental understanding of business improvement practices
This qualification is assessed by a portfolio of evidence.Download PDF
Varies depending studying units
Learning Centre of Light, TTE Peterlee
Our Business Improvement Techniques programmes are available to anyone within an organisation. No prior training is required. Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the programme, the completion of the learning outcomes and the assessments.
Learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the programme, the completion of the learning outcomes and the assessments.
Price available on request.
Dates available on application.