CompEx EX01 to EX04
The underpinning knowledge and practical assessment programme is provided for personnel who undertake the physical installation and assembly of ‘Ex’ equipment and, who perform preventive maintenance and inspections on installed equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: Price displayed is based on training being held at our Middlesbrough HQ. For training to be delivered at customer premises please contact the Business Development Team on 01642 770310 or email email@example.com
For more information about how your course can be funded visit Advanced Learner Loans.
To purchase the BS EN 60079-17 standard click here
The aim of the course is to provide course delegates with the knowledge and understanding of terminology and protection concepts for electrical / instrument equipment utilised in a potentially flammable atmosphere.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recommend the remedial action required to maintain electrical / instrument hazardous area equipment to meet the required standards
- Select the protection concept, enclosure/ equipment, glands and ancillary components and install correctly in hazardous areas
- Understand how to identify problems with electrical / instrument equipment installed in hazardous
– areas with respect to the appropriate British, European and IEC standards
– Understand that electrical / instrument equipment can be a source of ignition that could contribute to an explosion
- Understand the concept of area classification and the need to zone flammable atmospheres accordingly
- Understand the terminology and definitions associated with hazardous areas
- Understand the various protection concepts namely EExd, EExe, ExN, EExn, EExia & EExib, EExp, EExo, EExq and EEXm
- Understand how to identify problems with electrical / instrument equipment installed in hazardous areas with respect to the appropriate British, European and IEC Standard.
- Ex01 – Preparation and installation of Ex’d’, Ex’e’, Ex’n’ & Ex’p’ systems
- Ex02 – Inspection and maintenance of Ex’d’, Ex’e’, Ex’n’ and Ex’p’ systems
- Ex03 – Preparation and installation of Ex’i’ systems
- Ex04 – Inspection and maintenance of Ex’i’ systems
- Overview of Area Classifications zone 0, 1 and 2
- Gas groups and temperature classes
- Protection concepts
- Selection of apparatus, cabling, gland and termination requirements
- Inspection of equipment and systems to IEC 60079-17 standards
- Brief overview of the ATEX Directives
Delivery will be a combination of classroom tuition and practical in the workshop.
Each candidate is required to demonstrate competence through a series of practical assessments and on-line multi-choice question paper.
Please be advised that plastic handled retractable blade Stanley Knives, are used during this course. (Kevlar gloves will be provided to be worn during use). If this is unacceptable to you/your company, please inform us before you commence your training course.
The CompEx Toolbox Guide is provided. Course candidates will refer to the EEMUA Handbook and will have the opportunity to purchase this book, on the course, at a special reduced rate of £85 + VAT.Download PDF
Successful delegates will receive a UK JTL Certificate of Core Competence valid for 5 years.
The course is aimed at Electrical and Instrument Engineers, Supervisors and Technicians who need to develop and demonstrate their competency in the selection, installation, inspection and maintenance of electrical apparatus in potentially explosive atmospheres. If you are not familiar with the use of hazardous area glands you may benefit from a 2 day pre-compEx course.
The course candidate should possess: A Time-Served Electrical/Instrument Apprentice or; possess an Electrical/Instrument NVQ Level 3 (as a minimum).
£775.00 + VAT