CompEx Refresher EX01R to EX04R
Course delegates will receive 2 days course delivery to provide them with the latest updates and refresh the content of the current directives and practices. Following delivery, the delegates are assessed in maintenance, installation and inspection.
PLEASE NOTE: Price displayed is based on training being held at our Middlesbrough HQ. For training to be delivered at customer premises please contact the Business Development Team on 01642 770310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To revise and update the requirements for the installation of electrical apparatus for use in hazardous areas.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand the principles of flammable gas, liquids and area classification
- Know the principles of protection afforded by Ex ‘d’, ‘e’, ‘n’, ‘p’ and ‘i’ apparatus, substances and their symbols
- Understand the certification and marking of apparatus
- Understand ATEX 95 (equipment essential requirements)
- Understand ATEX 137 (workplace essential requirements)
- Sources of ignition
- Nature of hazards, identification of hazards
- Area classifications zone 0, 1 and 2
- Selection of apparatus, cabling, glanding and termination
- Inspection and testing
- Management and remedial work
Delivery will be a combination of classroom tuition, simulations and practical in the workshop.
Each candidate is required to demonstrate competence through a series of simulations, practical assessments and an on-line multi-choice question paper.
Each delegate will be provided with a controlled EEMUA 214 toolbox guide. These will only be issued to candidates immediately before the start of the online exam and will be collected from the candidate when this is complete. Candidates are NOT allowed to use their own toolbox guide in the online exam.
Successful delegates will receive a UK JTL Certificate of Core Competence valid for 5 years.
Middlesbrough or Customer Premises
The programme requires that personnel registering for a refresher course are recommended to have worked regularly in the industry during the previous 5 years, come prepared having done some self-study revision work and can gland, terminate, inspect & test a variety of cables/equipment. They MUST have a valid CompEx certificate for the corresponding units to be refreshed. Could you also add the attached course dates and attached the amended course description and delete the current one.
The course candidate should possess: A Time-Served Electrical/Instrument Apprentice or; possess an Electrical/Instrument NVQ Level 3 (as a minimum). The CompEx Toolbox Guide is provided.
£395.00 + VAT