IOSH Managing Safely
The course is run under licence to IOSH, to train personnel on how to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety.
PLEASE NOTE: Price displayed is based on training being held at TTE (UK) Middlesbrough or Middlesbrough College. For training to be delivered at customer premises please contact the Business Development Team on 01642 462266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure that safety requirements are appreciated by people employed as line managers and to enable them to review their own departmental systems for safety, introducing new controls or implementing changes as appropriate to make the department work more safely.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Explain working safely
- Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65 or BS 8800 and appreciate the role of risk assessment within the system
- Compare safety management systems with other management systems and describe how to integrate systems successfully if appropriate
- Identify the data and techniques required to produce an adequate record of an incident and demonstrate the procedure for an accident investigation, recognising the human factors involved
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Describe methods of basic trend and epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring techniques
- Define hazards and risks and describe the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of a quantitative risk technique and the data required for records
- Identify workplace precaution hierarchies and the criteria for types of workplace precautions and controls
- Prepare and use active monitoring checklists and implement schedules for active monitoring, recording results and analysing records
- Explain the purposes and techniques of a health and safety audit
- Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Describe procedures and techniques used in management reviews
- Distinguish specific hazards both generally and from an organisational perspective
- Assist manager in preparing written risk assessments
The Managing Safely qualification comprises seven core modules and an organisation-specific module requiring a total direct input period of at least 24 hours plus assessment time.
- Module 1 – Safety Management
- Module 2 – Reactive Monitoring
- Module 3 – Risk Assessment and Risk Control
- Module 4 – Legislation
- Module 5 – Hazards – General
- Module 6 – Active Monitoring
- Module 7 – Safety Management Systems
- Module 8 – Assessments
Classroom based delivery with a multi choice exam.
In order for you to achieve the IOSH Managing Safely qualification you must successfully complete the examination and, following the course, carryout a risk assessment project in the workplace.
This course is delivered at TTE (UK) Middlesbrough and Middlesbrough College. For more information call the team.Download PDF
Successful delegates will receive the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Safely certificate.
This course is suitable for Managers and Supervisors in any sector and any organisation. The purpose of the course is to gain up-to-date knowledge and know the practical actions that are required to take to handle health and safety within their teams.
No prior knowledge is required however the target audience is employees in an organisation who have to manage risk and resources.