Level 2 Principles of COSHH
To provide course delegates with the knowledge and understanding required for safe handling of hazardous substances.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the hazards associated with those substances
- Identify the risks and controls available to deal with the substances
- Identify what to expect from a COSHH assessment
- Definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace
- Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes
- COSHH assessments and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
Classroom based delivery with a multi-choice examination at the end of the session.Download PDF
Successful delegates will receive a certificate awarded by the British Safety Council (BSC).
Middlesbrough or Customer Premises
This qualification is of benefit to all employees, in any sector, and any organisation, responsible for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) at work. It is also relevant to all employees who use hazardous substances in manufacturing, cleaning, healthcare, transport, utilities and offices.
Course delegates should have knowledge of health and safety issues and are expected to have previously gained the BSC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace qualification or equivalent. A good understanding of written and oral English is advantageous. The candidate is required to bring photographic identification to the course (ie passport/photo driving licence).
£180.00 + VAT