Level 2 Risk Assessment
This British Safety Council qualification was created in response to industry requirements for all employees to be risk aware. Although not all employees will be expected to undertake risk assessments themselves, they may be asked to contribute to the process and will be expected to act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
To provide the knowledge and understanding required to raise the course delegate’s awareness of risk assessment.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment
- Understand the principles of risk assessment including:
- Hazards, risk and control measures
- The five steps of risk assessment
- The hierarchy of control
- Risk assessment review and record keeping
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Principles of Risk Assessment
Classroom based delivery with a multi-choice examination at the end of the session.Download PDF
Successful delegates will receive a certificate awarded by the British Safety Council (BSC). Suggested progression following this course would be the BSC Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment Principles and Practice.
Middlesbrough or Customer Premises
This qualification is of benefit to all employees, in any sector, and any work environment, as it raises learner's awareness of the concept of risk assessment. It is designed to help improve the workplace culture for occupational health and safety by enabling learners to understand the basic principles of risk assessment.
It is recommended that course delegates will already have achieved the BSC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace. A good understanding of written and oral English is advantageous. The candidate is required to bring photographic identification to the course (ie passport/photo driving licence).
£180.00 + VAT