Rigging & Slinging - Refresher
The course has been designed for any personnel involved in the lifting and moving of heavy plant and machinery using mechanical assistance such as cranes, chain-blocks, pull-lifts and ancillary lifting equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: Price displayed is based on training being held at our Middlesbrough HQ. For training to be delivered at customer premises please contact the Business Development Team on 01642 770310 or email email@example.com
The aim of the course is to refresh the delegate’s knowledge on current legislation. The course covers the theoretical and practical applications of slinging.
At the end of the course delegates will understand:
- LOLER 1998
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (Sections 2, 7 & 8) and other relevant legislation
- How to establish loads, construction and safe use of rope, wire rope and chains, hooks, eyebolts and shackles
- Hand signals
- Correct slinging techniques
- Safe working practices
- The effects of angles
- Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) 1974
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998
- Construction regulations
- Assessing safe working load of equipment
- Establishing weights / balances
- Ropes, eyebolts, shackles, hooks and ramshorns
- Slinger’s responsibilities
- Crane signals
Classroom based delivery and practical input in the workshop.Download PDF
Course delegates will receive a TTE Certificate of Attendance.
Middlesbrough or Customer Premises
This course is suitable for all employees who have previously been trained to lift loads.
Prior knowledge of safe lifting operations is expected. Current industry practice recommends a refresher course every 3 years.
£160.00 + VAT