Fork Lift Truck Training - Counterbalanced Lift Truck - Refresher
The course has been designed to run under licence to Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) standards. The purpose of the course is to train employees and provide them with the understanding that their actions contribute to Health and Safety in the Workplace and that individual responsibilities are clearly understood.
PLEASE NOTE: Price displayed is based on training being held at our Middlesbrough HQ. For training to be delivered at customer premises please contact the Business Development Team on 01642 770310 or email email@example.com
For more information about how your course can be funded visit Advanced Learner Loans.
The aim of the course is to provide refresher training to operators who have been previously accredited on this truck model, safely and correctly in accordance with the manufacturer’s handbook and accepted good practice.
The candidate will clearly understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads and be able to carry-out routine pre-use inspection of the truck.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the main part of the truck
- Complete a pre-use check on the truck before starting work
- Transfer loads in / out of the racking system and be able to lift a load and move through a chicane both forward and backwards
- Practical training
- Introduction to the truck
- Controls and instruments
- Location and function of all hand and foot operator control and instruments
- Starting, moving and stopping the truck
- Correct procedure for mounting/dismounting
- Procedure for starting/stopping the engine
- Selection direction
- Holding the steering wheel/steering the truck
- Driving un-laden/laden truck, in both forward and reverse directions
- Hydraulic system
- Weight assessment
- Handling unladen/laden pallets
- Driving on/off ramps
- Driving up/down ramp with empty/loaded truck
- Adjustment of fork arms
- Pre-use inspection
- Importance of the inspection
- Visual inspection of truck
- Lift truck stability
- Explanation of manufacture’s rated capacity plate, including load centre, explanation of see-saw principle as applied to counterbalance lift truck, explanation of causes of instability (lateral and longitudinal)
Classroom based delivery and practical training in the workshop. Each candidate is required to complete a basic operating test and a written open/multi-choice question paper.Download PDF
Successful delegates will receive the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) National Operator Register Scheme (NORS) card, which will last for 3 years. A 1 day refresher course would then be required to re-validate.
Middlesbrough or Customer Premises
The course should be attended by all personnel who are required to remain competent and refresh their existing licence.
Course delegates will have documentary evidence of having been previously trained, tested and certificated as operators of a counterbalance fork lift truck and will have operating experience. They should have a reasonable degree of physical fitness and be able to satisfy the requirements set out in the guidelines prepared by the Employment Medical Advisory Service and in HSG6 'Safety in Working with Lift Trucks' published by HSE. They will be over the minimum age for operating such trucks in their particular industrial activity. Course delegates are required to bring their own high visibility jacket/vest, safety boots/shoes and gloves, suitable for outdoor use. The refresher course must be attended before the current licence expires, failing to do so will result in the delegate having to attend the full Fork Lift training course. The candidate is required to bring photographic identification to the course (ie passport / photo driving licence) and 1 passport photo.
£220.00 + VAT
Dates available on application.